Music ideas for weddings
Make it emotional, make it uplifting and above all, make it, oh so you!
Music, like love, forms the Backbone of your Wedding Day!
Music sets the tone, tells a story and brings your guests on a journey. Choosing the various musical elements of your day is one of the most fun and creative parts.
Your Ceremony is your first opportunity to inject your personalities into proceedings through your choice of performers and songs. Below are some music ideas for weddings, there are so many…
Types of Ceremony Music for your Wedding
Pick a style that will set the tone you’re trying to achieve for the day. After that, spend time carefully choosing the songs that will form an integral part of proceedings. The music for the actual Ceremony should build to a crescendo. You want to end on a high as you’re just married! Whether you go for an actual string quartet or play music over Spotify, choosing the music will be a real labour of love.
With a legal wedding Ceremony solemnised by me or one of my colleagues you have freedom to choose whatever music you wish. You are not limited to just Church style hymns, you can if you wish but the world is literally your oyster. Sometimes too, a particular song’s lyrics may have particular meaning to you and you could use the words as a reading.
Finally, songs that have meaning for you, will not only work on the day and bring you into real connection, you will remember them forever.
A solo violinist or if you are feeling flush, a string quartet, instantly creates atmosphere and ideal music for your wedding. Whether classical greats or classical adaptations of modern hits, your ceremony will be filled with soothing romantic strains. Works best indoors.
If you're going for a more relaxed vibe you cannot beat an acoustic guitar. Alone or accompanied by a vocalist, it can create a welcoming, chilled mood. Sound can be amplified for larger venues.
A crooner singing old-school, Sinatra style romantic ballads can bring added swagger. Imagine coming down the aisle to Sinatra's "It Had To Be You"! Pictured is Ronnie Costley a fantastic crooner based in Clonakilty. Not only is he fantastic for music for your wedding but also for later in the evening.
Honestly cannot think of anything more rousing than a gospel choir belting out Oh Happy Day, as you walk down the aisle Four or five members can be enough to give full-bodied sound. An amazing addition to proceedings..
A classically trained soprano singing the right song is sure to hit a nerve. Add in strings and you have a sob-fest! Pictured is Linda Kenny an amazing singer.
There's nothing wrong with Spotify or other music app and I have celebrated many weddings where we used Spotify for the wedding music. Just get the paid version and get someone reliable with technical ability to press play. Make sure they have the script/ running order of the ceremony so that they know where to come in!
Music Ideas For Weddings...
- Bridal Chorus by Wagner
- Ave Maria by Schubert
- Clair de Lune by Claude Debussy
- Canon in D by Johann Pachelbel
- How Long Will I Love You? Ellie Goulding
- Songbird Eva Cassidy
- Halleluyah Jeff Buckley
- Higher Love by James Vincent Mc Morrow
- Make You Feel My Love by Adele
- Heavenly Day by Patty Griffin
- Evergreen by Barbara Streisland
- Hoppipolla by Sigur Ros
- Bitter Sweet Symphony by The Verve
Wedding Ceremony Music
- Amazing Grace by Judy Collins
- What A Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong
- The Voyage by Christy Moore
- The Power of Love by Gabrielle Aplin
- Somewhere Only We Both Know by Keane
- Here Comes The Sun by The Beatles
- Kiss Me by Ed Sheeran
- The Only Exception by Paramore
- If I Ain’t Got You by Alicia Keys
- Warm by The Coronas
- Don’t Believe Me by PictureHouse
- His Eye is on The Sparrow, Sister Act II version
- Signed, Sealed, Delivered by Stevie Wonder
- Nothing’s Gonna Stop Us Now by Starship
- Walking on Sunshine by Katrina & The Waves
- One Day Like This by Elbow
- For Once In My Life by Stevie Wonder
- A Sky Full of Stars by Coldplay
- Love on Top by Beyonce
- At Last by Etta James
- Beautiful Day by U2
- Greatest Day by Take That
- Love Never Felt So Good by Michael Jackson & Justin Timberlake
- Oh Happy Day, Sister Act II version
- God Only Knows by The Beach Boys